About My Business
I started this business to fill a gap I saw in the marketplace and in society. Here are some of my thoughts:
- Most banks work on a transaction basis. They don’t know about your whole life. You are a number to them, not an individual, and often just a way to make money by offering you random products that may or may not be right for you. They also are often limited in their training. Dealing with the big picture is not what they do.
- Financial planners often only want to work for high net worth clients, as they earn money based on the investments you let them manage.
- Many otherwise well-meaning professionals are forced to only recommend their employer’s products.
- Every time you call a business you usually get a frustrating electronic “press numbers” list. It takes forever and you still might not get someone who can actually help you.
- Most websites are filled with pop-ups and ads. They want you to subscribe to their newsletter before you even have time to read anything on their site.
- We are bombarded by ads and marketing companies trying to get our money by making us feel powerless and deficient as human beings.
- Schools don’t teach basic life skills, such as money management.
- Most of us weren’t taught good financial habits and just learn by screwing up. This isn’t necessary.
If you agree with any of this, I want to talk with you. Your Life Money Coaching Inc. is a different kind of company. Do you want to deal with a person who wants to spend the time to actually get to know you and present solutions individualized to your personality? Do you need help sorting through money myths and recovering from past mistakes? I’m a caring, non-judgmental person, and I work only for you. Let’s talk about your money.
About My Qualifications
I have obtained the FPSC Level 1© Certificate in Financial Planning from the Financial Planning Standards Council. (This is the first step towards the CFP designation, which I am working towards currently.)
I’ve obtained a diploma in financial planning from the Canadian Institute for Financial Planning.
I hold the Canadian Risk Manager (CRM) designation.
As an individual (Meenakshi Kestirke), I have my life, and accident & sickness insurance licenses in Alberta. I’m an independent broker associated with the Managing General Agency (MGA), PPI Solutions, and am sponsored by Canada Life Assurance Company.
I’m a member of Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada.
I follow the FPSC Code of Ethics and complete continuing education for financial planning, and insurance, on an ongoing basis.
I grew up in Edmonton, then lived in Winnipeg for fourteen years, and most recently spent nine months in Yellowknife. Now Edmonton is my permanent home.
I’ve loved math, money, computers and spreadsheets as long as I can remember. Growing up, I was the weird, geeky math-girl.
I’ve definitely made my share of money mistakes, mostly when I was younger luckily. I took bad advice. I made poorly thought-out decisions. But I recovered from this, partly through luck (thank you, Canada and hooray for reasonably good health), partly from careful money management and ongoing education.
I started as an employee, but I eventually tired of not being able to provide the customer service that I wanted. And it started grating on me that there wasn’t any connection between how hard I worked and my professional advancement and/or financial compensation.
I decided to strike out on my own so I could run a business the way that I wanted to. In financial planning I found a way to use my talents and interests to benefit myself and society.
I struggle with social anxiety in free-form situations, though contrarily I enjoy public speaking, teaching, and mentoring.
When I’m not on edge for no logical reason, I’m a casual, relaxed person. I’m also a very analytical rational thinker who can’t help jumping to the worst-case scenario. I’m not a pessimist, but a realist. I want to be prepared for all circumstances and after that to enjoy the unexpected.
I live in southeast Edmonton with my partner and the world’s best dog.